Thursday, April 19, 2012

I'm back
I'm back in the saddle again
I'm back
I'm back in the saddle again
- Aerosmith

Well, it's been a little over two years since I first started and posted to this blog....and wow, I can't believe it's been two (!) friggin' years.  WTF?  Since I started (and subsequently stopped) this blog, my friend Alex continued with hers and has exploded.  What was wrought that fateful night in her apartment in October 2009 has borne fruit, just not by me.  Here is Alex's site:


I'm really proud of her for sticking to it.  So in the spirit of sticking to things and continuing with what I started, I am back "again" with a goal of writing at least an entry a week, if not more.  Right now, once a week feels like a doable goal.  My goal for this blog is twofold:
  • Find a forum for all the crap floating in my head and write it down
  • Post/write/share things that I find interesting that might be of use to others
The hard part is the actual doing.  I've been debating what to put up here for over a week, once I decided to dust this off and try anew.  Should I do a "recap" of my life over the past 2 years since I wrote the first post?  Should I throw up a bunch of links to stuff that I really like?  Should I just write and find my voice?  I think I'm going to go with writing and finding my voice....

That being said, what the hell do I write? I've been reading this great book by Steven Pressfield called the "War of Art" and it is all about resistance and the roadblocks we put up to not do our work.  If you ever have creative blocks, I highly recommend it.  Since reading that book it has helped me to recognize that writing is something that always makes me cringe.  I have no idea why. Maybe it's because of the fact that with writing you have to get what's in your brain and put it down, let it out, let it fly free.  Not something I'm comfortable with.  So I've been resisting writing for as long as I can remember.  And the most frustrating part of all of it is that people have said to me, many times, "Are you a writer?" and "You should write".  Once again, I have no idea why.  Agghh!  But they must have sensed, or I put out there, my own inner conflict with the whole writing process.  This blog is a way for me to break through that barrier and just get to the writing....wherever that may lead.  So even if I'm the only one who ever reads this, at least I'm doing my work!

**Lastly, in my video bar I'm posting videos from TED and I love, love, love the Elizabeth Gilbert one.  Peace out....


No comments:

Post a Comment